– 1/2 cup non-fat Aloe Vera Yoghurt
– 1/4 cup instant oats
– 1/4 cup wholegrain cereal
– 1 small pear, diced
– 2 fresh strawberries, diced
– 1 tbsp mix nuts, chopped
1. Place non-fat Aloe Vera Yoghurt in a bowl.
2. Add instant oats and wholegrain cereal to the bowl.
3. Garnish with nuts, diced pear and strawberries.
Nutritional Analysis for Home-made Muesli
Energy : 390 kcals
Carbohydrate : 72g
Protein : 12g
Dietary Fibre : 10.3g
Total Fat : 6.0g
Sat. Fat : 0.7g
Calcium : 650mg
*Try making your own muesli instead of buying ready-made ones which are usually high in fat.
*Start with yoghurt which is a good source of calcium.
*Choose a wide variety of multi-grain cereal which are high in fibre, especially insoluble fibre which makes you full.
*Use oats because they have soluble fibres which help reduce cholesterol.
*Strawberries are high in anti-oxidants and can prevent cancer. They also slow down the ageing process and boosts your immune system.
*When using pears, keep the skin on so that you retain the fibre.
*Fats found in nuts are mostly poly-unsaturated fats – the good fats that won’t raise your cholesterol levels. Just don’t use too much.