~ 1 tsp olive oil
~ 3 egg whites
~ 1 tbsp low-fat milk
~ Black pepper to taste
~ 1/2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
~ 1/2 tomato, chopped
~ 2 slices smoked salmon
~ Dash of lemon juice
~ 1 tsp chopped parsley
~ 1 slice Focaccia bread
1. Heat olive oil in a pan.
2. Separate the egg whites from the yolks and place the egg whites in a bowl.
3. Add the milk to the egg whites and season with black pepper.
4. Beat egg mixture with a fork until slightly foamy.
5. Pour egg mixture into the pan and cook omelette until just set.
6. Place the zucchini, tomatoes, parsley and smoked salmon slices on the omelette.
7. Season with lemon juice and fold the omelette over.
8. Slide the omelette onto a plate and serve with a slice of Focaccia.
Nutritional Analysis for Smoked Salmon & Zucchini Omelette:
Energy : 204kcals
Carbohydrate : 18g
Protein : 18g
Dietary Fibre : 0.7g
Total Fat : 6.7g
Sat. Fat : 1g
Calcium : 29mg
~ By removing the yolks, you completely eliminate the cholesterol from the omelette. Egg white is a good source of protein but remember to cook your eggs well so that they are safe for you to eat.
~ Lift up your fork when you whip the egg to trap some air.
~ By using a non-stick pan and very little oil, you won't get all the calories.
~ Salmon has omega 3 fats which are good for the heart.
~ Zucchini is a vegetable with one of the lowest calories.
~ Use tomatoes for vitamin C and lycopine which helps prevent prostrate cancer.