1 cup brown rice
1/3 cup raisins
1 cup almonds – roasted
3 dsp sunflower seeds
1/2 cup whole sweetcorn kernels
4 1/2 dsp parsley – chopped
1 stalk celery – diced
1/8 cup unsaturated oil
1 dsp soya sauce
1 clove garlic – crushed
curry powder and pepper to taste
1. Cook rice in 1/3 cup water. Transfer to bowl.
2. While rice is still warm, mix in remaining ingredients and dressing. Toss thoroughly.
3. Serve warm or cold as desired.
Nutrient Analysis (per serving)
Calories 452 kcal
Total Fat 27 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Dietary Fibre 6 g
Sodium 59 mg
1. Roast nuts and seeds in a single layer on a shallow tray. Shake tray occasionally to ensure even browning.
2. Keep dried fruit like raisins in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. Add some orange or lemon peel to prevent fruit from drying up.