8 ounces Elbow or Small Shell Macaroni
3 tablespoons Margarine or Butter
2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
2 cups 2% Milk
1/8 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper, ground
1/4 teaspoon Paprika, ground
1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
8 ounces Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
12 ounces Bavarian Brand Oven Roasted Honey Ham, cubed
2 tablespoons Fresh Parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon Paprika, ground
1 teaspoon Sara Lee Dijon Mustard
1. Cook macaroni in rapidly boiling water until slightly underdone.
2. Rinse with cold water to cool and drain thoroughly.
3. Melt margarine in large kettle.
4. Add flour and cook 8-10 minutes over medium-low heat. Do not brown.
5. Whisk in milk and cool over medium-low heat until thickened and smooth.
6. Add salt, mustard, pepper, paprika and onion powder and blend thoroughly.
7. Turn heat down to low and add cheese.
8. Stir constantly until completely melted and smooth.
9. Cool sauce.
10. Blend sauce with cooked macaroni.
11. Place half of this mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish.
12. Spread ham in an even layer over macaroni and cheese.
13. Spread remaining macaroni and cheese over ham, covering completely.
14. Sprinkle with parsley and paprika.
15. Cover and bake at 350° F for approximately 40 minutes or until heated to an internal temperature of 150° F.
Recipe source: Sara Lee