* 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 garlic clove, crushed
* 3 large eggs, beaten well
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
* 1/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
* 1/3 cup fresh ricotta cheese, well drained and crumbled
* 1/3 cup grated mild cheddar or Gruyere, whichever your family prefers
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Heat the olive oil in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until garlic begins to brown slightly, then remove it and save for another use.
3. Add beaten eggs to the garlic-flavored oil in skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle cheeses evenly over top and place under broiler for about 3 minutes, until cheeses are melted and eggs are lightly browned.
4. Sprinkle with parsley, cut frittata into wedges, and serve immediately.
note: You start the frittata on the stove, but you finish it under the broiler: no flipping or folding required. Bring it straight to the table in the skillet you cooked it in, a quick and easy–but very fancy-looking–way to celebrate the season. This classic version calls for a little chopped fresh parsley along with creamy mild cheese and eggs, and it contains heart-healthy olive oil, too.