* One pre-baked single-crust pie shell
* 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
* 3/4 cup organic sugar
* 6 tablespoons cornstarch
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 3 cups milk
* 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
* 1 cup whipping cream
1. In a bowl or the top of a double boiler, combine cocoa powder, sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
2. Add milk and mix thoroughly.
3. Place over boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly. After it has thickened, reduce heat, cover and cook 10 minutes more.
4. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly, then add vanilla, stirring to incorporate.
5. Pour into pre-baked pie shell. Cool, then refrigerate for 2 hours or more.
6. Top with whipped cream before serving.