2 litres chicken stock, double boiled
80g braising herb packet
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
40g rock sugar
25g dried shrimp, toasted
600g red mee sua
1/2 cup cornstarch
25g coriander leaf
2 tbsp black vinegar
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tsp chilli oil
1. Combine all stock ingredients and bring to boil.
2. Simmer stock for 5 minutes.
3. Add mee sua and cook for another 4-6 minutes.
4. Thicken with corn starch and serve with garnishes.
1. Braising herb packets can be purchased at Chinese medicinal halls. Ask for herbs to braise duck or pork. Instant braising packets are also available at selected supermarkets.
2. This recipe can be served with oysters, prawns or sliced chicken.