|1||pound||fettucine, or your favorite pasta, preferably whole-grain|
|5||c||broccoli florets (about 2 heads)|
|2||t||minced fresh ginger|
|1||14-oz can||regular or reduced-fat coconut milk|
|1/4||c||chopped fresh cilantro or basil|
1. Cook the fettucine in a large pot of boiling salted water until just al dente, about 8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok or large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add broccoli and stir-fry for 10 seconds. Add a tablespoon or two of the pasta water. Cover, and steam until the broccoli is just bright green and barely tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Add peppers and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute more. Remove to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
3. Add the coconut milk, curry base, and brown sugar to the pan and return to medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, whisking until thoroughly mixed. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes.
4. Drain the pasta and put in a large bowl or return to the pasta pot. Mix in a few tablespoons of the curry sauce just to moisten the pasta. Stir the vegetables into the remaining sauce.
5. Divide the pasta among plates and top with the vegetables and sauce. Sprinkle with the peanuts and cilantro or basil.